I can’t quite believe I’m writing this, but today, the 4th of July, marks one whole year since the beginning of The Electric Oracle!
This space was born out of a need for expression and release; I never thought I would find such a sense of community through my interactions with readers and other writers. I feel incredibly lucky to have this (unexpected) platform. You can read my first ever post here.
Thank you all so, so much for sticking with me this year, all 1226 of you. It is an absolute joy to interact with each and every one of you. I have sought much guidance and wisdom from various comments and exchanges – you have no idea how grateful I am for it all.
In light of this celebration, I have decided to do a Q & A session! Somehow I’ve never done one before…
If you’d like to, leave a question in the comments below and I will answer it in my next post. You can ask whatever you like (provided it’s not NSFW!), whether it be about writing, life, or something more personal. I’ll be accepting questions until this Sunday the 8th July.
You can also comment a question on my latest video here.
Thank you so, so, SO much for this year,
Love and luck,
Ah yes, another one of those ‘sorry for being so awful at updating regularly’ posts. In all seriousness, I am very sorry for being so bad at sticking to a schedule, or even making sure to post at least once a week. I’ve been incredibly busy with college and life in general. This ‘college and life in general’ stuff includes:
- Completing my final year dissertation, which was literally months in the making
- Preparing for final exams
- Coming to terms with finishing education for good (it feels stranger than I thought it would!)
- Recording on the Motherfoclóir podcast
- Attempting to make plans for the summer
- Dealing with goings-on in my personal life that take up a lot of time and energy
It may not sound like much, but it’s a lot for two short months. And there’s no real end to it all! I haven’t even begun my final exams yet, and life is… life.
That being said, there is plenty more to come for The Electric Oracle. I genuinely love doing this, and I love interacting with you all.
A few things to expect:
- Regular posts (as in, once a week minimum) from the end of May onwards
- The return of videos (!)
- A lot more structure
- A documentation of my life after college, rather than just ramblings about anything and everything (but there’ll still be plenty of rambling, don’t worry)
- A variety of people to feature, rather than just me and my face the whole time. Even I’m not that vain…
Anyway, thank you all once more for you patience and kind words, even when I’m not online as much as I should be. Plenty more to come!
Love and luck,
Would you believe it, the snow has returned to Ireland! This happens so rarely that I had to document it.
This period of time also marks the beginning of the end of my college career; perhaps the title ‘melting mazes’ has a double meaning. I hope that this is the end of so much confusion, doubt and entrapment. I didn’t enjoy my chosen degree at all.
I know that leaving college will probably bring even more uncertainty my way, but let’s cross that bridge when we come to it…
And, of course, happy belated St. Patrick’s Day! Or as we say in the Irish language, ‘Lá ‘le Pádraig sona daoibh’ (law leh paw-drig sun-ah deev).
Love and luck,